Labels

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dark Eldar Kabal Project Sneak Peak


Good afternoon and Happy New Year everyone! One of my many resolutions is to completely finish painting my Dark Eldar army, and then hopefully put up some tutorials that I've received requests for. I still have a long way to go but so far I'm very happy with how the violet theme is coming through, and my experimentation with the swamp-like bases proved to be a success. I am, however, at a loss for the name of my new Kabal. Their back story is still a work in progress as well, but I know that they are all part of a very well-off royal family and are all highly skilled fighters that pull many strings behind the Dark City. I am definitely open for suggestions on their name, and any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated! Once I get a hold of a good enough camera I'll get those tutorials going for you guys so you can get your armies table top ready as soon as possible! Xinz, Metal Rancor, and I are all hard at work getting our armies finished so that we can start doing some more battle reports, but this time you'll have something a little more interesting to look at than un painted models. I've also been looking for a good way to convert some trueborn, but I'm still open to any suggestions that you may find. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more pictures of the army, painting tutorials, and battle reports. Until then, let me know what you think of the color scheme so far in the comments section, and please follow the blog! Every bit helps!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. On the right track. I wanted to incorporate something like "violet" "orchid" or "amethyst"

      Delete
  2. Love the purple on that raider, it works very well. For the trueborn, I have seen people use the Warhammer Dark Elf Corsairs cloaks, helmet-less heads, and torsos and combine them with the warriors. Looked pretty good.

    http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440049a&prodId=prod1490007

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I know Dark Elves are great for other conversions too, so I might go out and pick up a box of those corsairs.

      Delete